Endoscopic Brow Lift Ensures Quick Recovery and Lesser Discomfort
Brow lift, browplasty or forehead lift has a long history to treat people who have saggy or droopy brows and frown lines and vertical creases on forehead. Traditional approaches of forehead lift involve large incisions that may or may not be hidden in scalp hair. Advancements in medical science have made the forehead lift safe and more acceptable for everyone. Surgeons are treating patients worldwide with endoscopic brow lift that is an advanced approach towards forehead lift and enlists many advantages that ensure its popularity among surgeons and patients alike.
Endoscopic brow lift is quite a success with an increasing popularity in cosmetic surgery community. It has gained quick popularity after its introduction in 1994. Studies and reviews conducted and given by well-known cosmetic surgeons show the success rate of the procedure. It is popular for its advantages over the traditional approaches of brow lift surgeries.
Suitable candidate for endoscopic brow lift surgery
A suitable candidate for a browplasty procedure is an individual who:
- Wants to reposition his/her eyebrows
- Wants to get rid of droopy eyebrows that may obstruct vision
- Wants to remove wrinkles from forehead and between eyebrows
- Wants an alert and youthful appearance
- Has a positive outlook towards life and realistic expectations
Procedure of endoscopic brow lift surgery
Unlike traditional approaches of brow lift surgery, endoscopic brow lift incisions are small and hidden in hair. Surgery is performed often on an outpatient basis. Surgeon performs the procedure through multiple small incisions that are made in scalp. A small camera is inserted through incision and surgeon carefully watches muscles and tissues that need reshaping. After removing and/or reshaping muscles, surgeon lifts forehead skin, may suture it to support the elevated skin and closes incisions through stitches.
Recovery after endoscopic browplasty
Recovery is quick and patients do not report any significant pain during the recovery period. However, they report headache that persists for 2 to 3 days and a temporary numbness and swelling in forehead and scalp. You may have to face discomfort for first few days after surgery. Usually patients lose sensation in forehead but it is temporary and settles down with time. Pain killer pills are prescribed to ease your discomfort.
Side effects of the procedure
Endoscopic brow lift does not involve permanent or significantly painful risks and complications. Some usual side effects are
- Loss of sensation
- Hair loss around the incision site
Ensure a quick recovery
- Strictly act upon surgeon’s post-op instructions.
- Regularly apply prescribed ointment on sutures.
- Keep your head high while sleeping.
- Avoid straining, bending or lifting heavy objects for first few days.
- Do not take aspirin, anti-steroidal medicine or any other medication that may increase the risk of bleeding.
- Quit smoking.
- Be patient because swelling may take several months before it subsides completely.